Reopening Patient Care Activities at the MSK Centre
Dear MSK Rehabilitation Client,
Thank you for your ongoing patience over the last approximately 2 ½ months as we work through this challenging time. We have been unable to provide our regular services to our clients and this has weighed heavily on the minds of all our regulated health practitioners.
However, as of May 26, 2020 the Ministry of Health has amended the COVID-19 Directive # 2 for Health Care Providers to allow for “all deferred and non-essential and elective services carried out by Health Care Providers to be gradually restarted”.
Starting Monday, June 1, 2020 the MSK Centre will be open to book appointments for Physiotherapy, Chiropractic and Massage Therapy clients.
MSK Centre Queen Street Kitchener
MSK Centre Union Street Waterloo
Our ongoing goal is to provide a healthy and safe environment for all patients and staff. There will be some physical changes in our facility as well as new procedures in place related to patient and staff activity. We are following the guidelines provided by the Ministry of Health, Public Health Ontario and our Professional Regulatory Bodies.
A brief outline of our new procedures:
For our clients:
- Facemasks are mandatory for all clients coming into our facility. It is appreciated if you bring your own mask.
- Do not come to the facility if you have any signs of Covid 19 or have been in contact with anyone with confirmed or suspected Covid 19.
- Arrive with minimal personal items and in clothing appropriate for the treatment to be performed.
- No visitors or family members will be allowed to attend with patients unless the patient is a minor or has special needs.
- Everyone entering the facility will be screened for Covid 19 symptoms.
- All patients will need to sanitize hands when entering the facility.
- Scheduling of clients and therapists has been altered to minimize the number of therapists and patients in the clinic at any one time.
For our staff:
- All staff will undergo screening for Covid 19 symptoms upon entering our facility.
- Physical distancing between staff members to occur as much as physically possible.
- Staff members in direct patient contact will be required to wear a face mask.
- Plexiglass barriers are installed for the protection of our administrative staff.
Sanitization and cleaning:
- All staff and patients will sanitize hands upon entering our facilities.
- Health professionals are required to sanitize hands between each patient encounter.
- Treatment tables will be cleaned with hospital grade disinfectant between each client.
- All treatment and exercise equipment will be cleaned after use.
- Sanitization stations are available in the facilities
- All non-treatment surfaces will be cleaned multiple times throughout the day.
From the entire staff at the MSK centres, thank you again for your ongoing patience during this time.
Hope to see you soon.