Waterloo Medical Weight and Wellness Clinic at MSK
A Team Approach to Helping You Live Your Healthiest, Most Enjoyable Life
Obesity Is A Real Health Condition. Treatment Exists. The Same As It Does For Other Chronic Conditions
Weight & Wellness Program
- 6 Month program for anyone living with obesity or a weight related health Issue, including osteoarthritis
- Comprehensive medical assessment Identifying any underlying causes of weight gain, followed by an individualized plan
- Support with behaviour change toward healthier lifestyle choices
- Focus health gains (vs. numbers on the scale)
- Medication to help with successful lifestyle changes, when appropriate
A cohesive team that works with you to identify achievable goals that will improve your health and day to day living.
- Medical Doctor
- Registered Dietitian
Call or email to book your initial OHIP covered medical consult.
* Physician referral required, ask your doctor for a referral – to be sent via fax or e referral.
Program Director: Dr. Jennifer Dignam
- Interdisciplinary team not covered by OHIP
- Program fee – extended health benefit packages may cover part of the program.
- No negation to family physicians
- In-person and virtual appointments available. Program includes both group and individual visits
Please see Dr. David Macklin’s video below. Dr. Macklin is a leader in obesity medicine.
He explains how obesity is a chronic condition, and he talks about the treatment.